Tuesday 27 February 2007

A manic monday

Well, to be frank, its not manic, not really but it has been rather more hectic than usual.

Firstly a couple of lucky people are going to be getting some nice trinkets from me via ebay... although i shouldn't have let those simpsons cards go so cheaply... But thats by the by now.

So, they got posted off, my girlfriend should be getting a nice (if rather late and yet again I'm sorry babes!) valentines suprise in the post soon and I've had an audition and the start of rehersals for my next play as well.

The time: 7pm. The place: MalMaison in Manchester. Just so happened to be at pretty much the same time that a speed read through of my play was due to start but never mind. I've never really thought much about former Catchphrase presenter Roy Walker in the last, oh, 27 years of my life but i had to today! I had to be obsessing about the guy, like a crazed stalker type bloke and doing his "catchphrase"s, all that "say what you see" stuff.

Anyway, I'm reserving judgement on how it went. I *THINK* it went pretty good but I've felt that before. One good thing though, regardless, is that they were casting for an ad for the Star so I managed to sneak into that one too. Might as well while I can!

Unfortunatly this late start (it was a last minute audition type of thing) meant that i got to the readthrough at about 8:45 and missed most of my part in act one and I don't say much in act two but that all picks up again in act three. Lots of fun.

So as I'm writing this I'm watching National Treasure (a much better film than the DaVinci Code) and suffering from something or other thats making the room smell like a chemical weapons factory. Seriously, keep naked flames away from here!

Oh and Keep a look out, I'm going to start a video blog at some point (probably during rehersals) so stay tuned!

No comments: