Tuesday 6 March 2007

Disapointment

*sigh*

Another good idea has come a cropper. I've had an idea for a comedy show which I've been knocking round with for some time and I've been writing with my man Paul Binns. After Prank Patrol last December I gave the script to the first show and the series synopsis to the head Peter Baker who then passed it onto the BBC!

At first I was kind of shocked that he thought it would be good enough to send off! I mean, I thought it was good but... THE BBC!!! The biggest broadcasting company in the UK, certainly the most well known in the world and they're looking at my script!

Unfortunately, as the heading of this entry says, it's not gone to plan. Tonight I got an email via Peter giving me the news that an "established writer/performer" has already got a similar show commissioned and mine is out the window.

Gutted.

However, I'm not giving up hope! I'm refusing to let this one go! The Idea (which I'm not going to dive away on here) is too good to just let it go and the show that's just been commissioned sounds quite different! Perhaps not different enough for the same channel to have them both at the same time but definitely different enough to get mine made!

Time to get my plans into action! Mwahahahaha!

No comments: