Saturday 10 February 2007

I'm Back

As you can probably tell by the date difference between this entry and the others below it, it's been some time since I last posted or updated anything on the site! The reason isn't lack of work or news; God alone knows the last few months have been interesting to say the least! No, the reason lies with an isp who shall remain nameless (but they also run a television service) and their incomparable moronic stupidity at sorting out a technical problem with THEIR equipment at the phone exchange, so after over THREE MONTHS without an internet connection and having to rely on the library, I said enough was enough.

Now I’m back with my old isp (I love you Tiscali, lets never fight again!) and I can bring you the latest!

Where to start though? I think firstly with yet another shout out to Maggot.tv. Acting up has been live on their website now for a while and it can be found here. You have to sign up but you get to not only see the superb Acting Up (the worlds first web-based sitcom) as well as a lot of other fantastic shorts from some really talented filmmakers but it is totally, utterly and 100% FREE!!! Plus there’s no software to download so you don’t have to worry about accidentally installing the Google toolbar for Internet Explorer by accident AGAIN!

Next there’s another play to stick under the old belt. The 6th of December saw "Seasons Greetings" by Alan Ayckbourn start at the Stockport Garrick. Good reviews and a lot of satisfied punters leaving the theatre certainly made up for all the stress of doing it then having to worry about Christmas right after. Pictures have been added to the Media page.

Finally, and ultimately too late for me to plug it, comes Prank Patrol. Saturday mornings on TMi wont be the same without my mate Barney Harwood and the Ninjas letting kids take revenge on their siblings and friends. I’ve been fortunate enough to help them and the good people at Baker Media get some payback on not once, not twice but three separate times, all under the eye of director Dave Beardsell. The shoots were a blast, the kids’ real crackers showing that they could be just as good at acting as the pros they were with and the whole crew despite the fact they were under tremendous pressure were one of if not the best I’ve worked with. It’s all over now so everyone’s gone they’re own separate ways so if any one reads this: thanks for a great time guys and I hope to see you all again soon!

For now, peace out!

No comments: